Monday, March 19, 2012

Thunder & Lightning & Statistics.... Oh my!





The thunder and lightning outside are orchestrating a perfect summer storm tonight.  I was anticipating their arrival given the lack of behavior of my locks the past few days.  Here's the deal... when the temps hit 80 degrees in March and there's a bit of humidity in the air I promise to bite my tongue.  In between a hectic day of phone screens and some annoying meetings I ran my fingers through my hair fully annoyed with the limp locks.  Just last week I started using the WEN products and for 3, maybe 4 days I swore it was gonna change my life.  Introduce humidity and I have less than 5% confidence that the behavior of my locks is dependent upon the WEN products.

Just now the sky lit up and every head in the classroom turned towards the windows in a noticeable distraction from the professor who is mumbling about regression analysis and pvalues and slopes and statistical significance.  As if that wasn't enough of a sign, the crash of thunder that followed was just loud enough to drown out his voice.

About 30 minutes ago I leaned over the guy next to me telling him that I'm struggling to apply this mumbo jumbo to my every day light.  Introduce a little thunder and lighting and some hair products and VIOLA - I can instantly apply the subject matter!  This seems like quite an accomplishment.  I think my work here has been done.  Hint, hint...  Its time to get home and snuggled into bed so that I can finish the last 60 pages of my book!

No comments: