Sunday, April 18, 2010

16 & Pregnant


I'm not 16 (anymore).

And I'm definitely not pregnant.

But I am obsessed with MTV's 16 & Pregnant.  Thank goodness the weather was amazing today or I would have spent the entire day on the couch.  I'm embarrassed to admit how many agonizing hours were spent contemplating how the girl would ever make it work.  There were a few laughs at their silly tantums (those of the mothers, not the babies) but then I felt guilty laughing.  Amber, Maci, Farrah and the other girls have a long road ahead of them.  I have to say I think I like Catelynn and Tyler the best - they are one of the few couples who decided to give their baby to adoptive parents.  A tough decision, but likely the best decision.  On the update show Tyler is seen buying her a diamond ring.  One of the smallest diamonds I've seen, but that's when I had tears in my eyes.  You gotta love a love story.

While the first 6 episodes were gut wrenching, Leah's episode took things to a whole new level when she and her boyfriend of 1 month Corey (he is a rebound guy) find out they are having twins!  After the twins episode I realized I couldn't watch another episode (well, at least not today!).

Wow - did I really just spill all those details.  I sure hope I didn't spoil it for anyone planning to hold up and watch the marathon next weekend.  I'm still unwinding from busy season and thus I have low expectations of my productivity on the weekends.  I think I've hit a new low.  I just made a promise to myself that I will read a book next weekend instead of watch TV.  I can feel my brain rotting.  Oh wait, that's the headache I've had all weekend.  On Saturday morning I blamed it on the Friday night twins game and the 16oz beers.  This morning I realized it was the lack of caffeine all weekend.  Hmmm.  There it is... the reason to get up and go to work tomorrow morning....  Coffee!

No comments: