Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What's for dinner?



After a quick walk with the dog tonight I headed to the kitchen in search of something "fun" for dinner. 

Potstickers - hmmm - nope.
Pizza - had that for lunch.
Pasta - last night.
Tacos - too much work.
Grilled cheese - maybe...
Wait a minute.  What about recreating that turkey, apple, bacon and cheese melt I had a few months ago?  Now you're talking!

A few months ago I stumbled upon the turkey apple bacon sandwhich at D'Brians. After wondering the skyways at lunch one day I reluctantly settled for D'Brians.  Much to my surprise it was one of the best sandwhiches I have ever tasted.  It was a grilled sandwhich with turkey, apples, bacon and hvarti.  DELICIOUS!

My friend Rachel (Ray) touts the ABC sandwhich - apple, bacon, cheddar.

A little more searching provided some ideas for the future...

Bacon apple bleu - EVERYTHING is better with blue cheese!

TAB (not just your 80s soda) - Turkey apple brie - right behind blue comes brie.  Brie is defiitely my second favorite cheese.

It doesn't quite roll off the tongue like B.L.T. But the turkey apple bacon and you pick the cheese is pretty tasty and I'm going to make it a regular in my meal planning.

2 comments:

suzie sanborn said...

YUM.

Unknown said...

That sounds SO good right now! Is 11:21 pm too late to eat?