Tuesday, March 16, 2010

En Route from En Zed

A group email among some of my favorite girls this morning led to banter between my friend Andrea and I.  She's on the other side of the globe and I was especially missing her.  Particularly the energy level, humor and adventurous spirit.  For the past two months there has been growing anticipation over a package that left En Zed destined for MN.  Once again she inquired if I had found anything in mailbox.  Today I asked her if the postman was swimming to MN?  If so, I feared he drowned and the package was lost forever. 

Having completely forgotten about the potential for a package, I opened the mailbox tonight and let out a squeal!  It was finally here!  The package that started its journey on the other side of the globe.  Wrapped in brown paper with her recognizable handwriting - it was indeed from good old Fran.

Inside the package was a fun spiral book for keeping notes (perhaps an idea log for this little blog!), a cute post card filled with words of love from Fran and..... genuine sheep skin nipple warmers which were handcrafted in New Zealand.  How considerate!  Fran knows me just well enough to know that I have been dying for sheep skin nipple warmers!   Or perhaps this was simply a return favor for a birthday package that I sent to Seattle a few years ago.




Thanks for the love Fran.

1 comment:

andrea said...

You are more than welcome my dear and thoughtful friend. Missing you and excited to get some CSB love this summer. Give yourself a hug from me! Love you. FRAN