Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Going to Tracy.


Right now I'd like to pull up to the drive thru at the coffee shop and order a large non-fat cup of patience.  Actually make that 2 of those. 

I have reason to believe that I was an annoying kid.  You know the kind, the ones that ask approximately 1,000,000 questions.  Oh wait... that's most children around the age of 5 or 6.  In fact, when the Doody brothers came to visit in early January I think they broke the record and asked more than 1,000,000 questions.  Their parents were headed to a football game and I happily agreed to spend time with the brothers and their sister.  They arrived bright and early (it was early for my childless self!) on Sunday morning.  Within the first 15 minutes of their arrival I was completely out of answers.  I was exhausted, needed a nap and couldn't come up with another answer if my life depended on it.

I was likely that kid that asked 1,000,000 questions.  I remember a certain time when my parents were short on patience.  I asked them where they were going and my mom promptly responsed that she was going crazy.  Now there was a small town about 10 miles away by the name of Tracy.  So I assumed she said that she was going to Tracy and immediately responded (likely in a whiny voice) that I wanted to go to Tracy too!  If I recall correctly both of my parents burst out in laugher. 

Just needed to clear my head.  Now its time to get back to work.  Deadlines are looming!

No comments: