Sunday, March 28, 2010

Peeps





I made a quick trip to target today.  I didn't make a list and my mind was consumed by thoughts (separate blog post coming soon), but I was determined to have a little normalcy in my life.  After wandering the aisles aimlessly, my favorite Easter candy brought a smile to my face.  There in the sea of candy and other Easter treats were the Peeps.  Pink ones, yellow ones, purple ones, blue ones, orange ones and green ones.  Bunnies and chicks!  Wait?  Since when have there been blue and orange and green?  I'm pretty sure they were only pink and yellow when the big bunny left them in my Easter basket.  Peeps are for kids - just like Trix.  But for some reason I have not outgrown them.  I like to puncture the celophane and let them get hard and a little stale before eating them.  I have a feeling its going to be a good week - thanks to the Peeps!

In my grown up life I have found another way to embrace peeps.  When the last of the slow melts and the mornings are still chilly I am anxious to introduce my toes to a little fresh air.  Peeps toes are the flips flops of the office.  I might have a professional job, but I still find a way to embrace the barefoot child that played with the neighborhood kids on Elaine Ave.  These little peeps were the result of some recent retail therapy. 

Me and my peeps are ready for Spring!

1 comment:

Kbomb said...

Happy to hear there is another peep lover out there!