Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spin Cycle


As I ran out the door to take the dog to the new indoor dogpark I had a sudden burst of energy and decided to pull the sheets off the bed and throw them in the laundry.  The thought of having to make the bed later that night was daunting.  But the desire to crawl into a freshly made bed won out.  After finding my uniform (sweats and a white vneck tshirt) I stripped the bed and ran downstairs to start to the laundry.  I even added a little bleach to brighten the sheets. Bonus points for me.

The dogpark was great.  Just the perfect fix for a rainy week of arriving home after dark each night to find a dog that is restless and playful.  Over the past week I have come to view this dogpark as a lifesaver.  It deserves a post of its own, so I'll save the details for later.

Back from the dogpark I dropped the leash and kicked off my shoes.  Ready to find some dinner, but I halted at the washer to transfer my laundry into the dryer.  Upon opeing the washer something strange caught my eye.  After a double take I confirmed that sitting at the bottom of the washer was the remote control.  Hmmm.  Not exactly what I was expecting to find.  But its always nice to know where the remote control is.

Wait.  What the hell is the remote control doing in the washing machine? 

Just like Benson and Stabler I put the facts together and realized that in my swift move to strip the bed I brought the remote control along with the bedding.  I stood there leaning over the washer thanking God that my head is attached to my neck, I'd hate to think what would happen if it wasn't attached! 

I was pretty certain that the dose of bleach on top of the laundry detergent and the spin cycle had left the remote control out of commission.  To my surprise, it works better than ever!  Looks like I found a way to make doing the laundry a little more interesting.

No comments: