Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Turkey Meatloaf

Each and every time I left Tucker out to go potty he runs over to the neighbor's house and excitedly wags his tail at the door.  He is hoping that his Buster will come out and play.  When the neighbors are on vacation or just away for the day I struggle to explain to Tucker why we shouldn't sit there and whine while waiting for them to return.

Tucker isn't the only one that is excited to see the neighbors.  I enjoy hanging out with Cara (and her husband) for many reasons.  Perhaps there is good gossip about the neighbors.  Sometimes we share a bottle or wine or bake cupcakes - or possibly drink wine while baking cupcakes!  My favorite visits to their house are when dinner is involved.  At first I was reluctant to accept their offer.  These days I practically invite myself inside after playing with the dogs.  Cara is a great cook and always makes a full meal (salad, main dish and side/s).  I'm impressed with her recipes and pairings.  I honestly can't remember all the meals I've had at their house but the Asian sloppy joes and turkey meatloaf were a few of my favorites. 

Someone to cook me dinner is just the first part of my wish list.  Part B includes someone to blow out my hair every morning.  I'm jealous of women on television as I imagine how relaxing it might be to start my morning with a cup of coffee and the newspaper or better yet my google reader as someone does my hair.  Heck while they are at it can they just take care of doing my makeup as well?

So as I devoured one of Cara's meals a few weeks ago I mentioned to her how this was fulfilling only part of my wishlist.  When I told her about part B she offered up her husband.  He didn't seem all that interested, but I really hope he changes his mind!

Not only do I owe them dinner, but I think I better throw in some dog food as well asTucker helps himself to his fair share of Buster's food!

No comments: