Monday, March 15, 2010

The Lady in Aisle A13


I was a bit embarassed and a slightly frustrated by my trip to Target this evening.  After boasting about how the remote control survived the spin cycle it decided to fail me last night.  In a hurry, I headed toward the electronics department uncertain of where to find a universal remote control.  I knew that Best Buy would have been a better option, but time didn't allow for that adventure.  As I scanned the aisles I began to doubt that they even had what I was looking for.  Finally at the end of the aisle I found three different options ranging in price between $6 and $18.  I was pleasantly surprised by the great deal I was getting.  (At one point I tried to justify a new LCD in the bedroom instead of the universal remote!)  After careful consideration between black and silver I opted for the silver - the same color as the old school TV that sits on my dresser.  I was feeling a little ghetto at this point, but none-the-less satisfied as I can once again fall asleep with the television.

What made the trip to Target worth my while was the chatty woman I met at the opposite end of the aisle.  She too was suprised by the great "deals" at Target.  She very much liked the prices she found and decided to toss a second package of 10 VHS tapes in her cart!  I smiled all the way from the electronics department, through the checkout and to my car.  I can't stop wondering what she plans to record on her VCR?

I heard that Young and the Restless is really good these days.  Perhaps she's a Y&R fan!

1 comment:

suzie sanborn said...

ha! I love it! I SO remember taping Y&R on VHS tapes when I was in high school.. My guess is that is definitely what she is taping so she doesn't miss a minute of the Nick/Sharon/Phyllis saga. (: