Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Crazy Idols and Auditors


A conversation earlier today in the audit room centered around television - the shows we can't believe we still watch.  The clock just struck midnight and I'm sitting on the couch doing my debit & kredit thing.  The DVR is providing some background noise - Hollywood week on Idol's 9th season.  American Idol is definitely one of those shows - that I can't believe I still watch.  Have there really been 8 other seasons?  During our conversation this morning I commented that I couldn't believe how many people still come out to audition in each and every city the judges visit.  The DVR provides background noise many nights and I've seen plenty of crazed contestants.  I am continually shocked by the determination and dedication of the contestants. 

Yet... I'm the one sitting on the couch watching listening to these crazy contestants.  Determined to finish just a one more thing on yesterday's to do list.  Not sure who is more crazy - the idols or the auditor?  I am continually shocked at how much work it takes to finish an audit.  I'm starting to realize that I might be as crazy as these characters on Idol. 

I'm thankful for the background noise at this time of night.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I loooove American Idol. I miss the auditions already. They make me laugh. xo