Friday, February 5, 2010

G T L

My recent sickness gave way to a day spent in bed and on the couch.  It's been a while since I've had a sick day.  Does it count if your sick day is on Sunday?

After sleeping for over 12 hours I finally ventured downstairs to the couch.  Yes, the couch.  Remember - it's a sick day.

The sunlight was streaming in from the patio and the warmth on my face gave me a little strength.  Not enough strenth to get up and get the newspaper that was lying on the driveway, but just enough to reach for the remote to turn on the TV.  All good sick days require at least a few hours of worthless TV so I thought I'd check out MTV.  I was in luck - the Jersey Shore reunion was just ending and next up was 'Before the Shore'.  Now I watch my fair share of worthless TV (this girl has seen every episode of the Kardashians).  I just haven't found room on the DVR or time in my life for Jersey Shore.  I decided that my sick day presented the perfect opportunity to find out what I have been missing!

After the 30 minute episode I am certin that Jersey Shore is worth watching.  Waste of time?  Maybe, but definitely worth the laughs.  It made me feel old, I cringed at most of scenes and laughed out loud a few times.  Mostly at the guys that need mom to do their laundry and make chicken cutlets (shout out to Mike S!).   My favorite part of this recap episode was Pauly D's intro where he wanted to bring his own tanning bed with him to the shore.  He was very disappointed when he couldn't fit it out his bedroom door.  Wow!

In the end I was a little jealous that I never spent a summer on the Jersey Shore.  I did have a very memorable weekend in Ocean City, MN - so I guess I'll settle for that!

When my sister (the college student) left me a message last week noting it was a G-T-L day I had not idea what she was referring to.  After meeting Pauly D - I have a new appreciation for G-T-L!   Did I mention that watching the episode made me feel old?

In an effort to kick the sickness and in honor of Pauly D - I managed to go tanning that afternoon.  I figured a little vitamin D would de me good!



Great photo with the ferris wheel in the background - if it weren't for his tatoos you might think it was a family friendly summer at the shore!

1 comment:

Kbomb said...

Oh what a weekend in Ocean city it was! Still some of my favorite pictures (and memories :)